LKAB Minerals exclusively source MicaFort from global strategic partners and our own high quality mine in Finland. By using our extensive mineral processing knowledge we produce a broad portfolio of Phlogopite and Muscovite Mica products to be used in a variety of applications.
The high aspect ratio platy particles provide an excellent balance of mechanical, thermal and dimensional properties when used as a functional filler.
Special properties are:
- chemical inertness
- hydrophilic nature
- barrier-forming ability due to parallel particle alignment in matrices
- high thermal stability (up to 1000°C)
- elastic but tough particles
- very low silica content for Phlogopite grades
- excellent brightness and whiteness for Muscovite grades
- high dielectric strength and electrical insulation properties.
The main markets for LKAB Minerals' MicaFort are polymers, coatings and construction. Please visit our industry uses section to find out more on how to use our products for your application.