Sustainability is part of our business process already at the start, we work with an integrated business and sustainability strategy. Below you will see our integrated business and sustainability objectives 2017-2021.
Our sustainability objectives for 2021:
- Return on Equity: >12 percent over a business cycle
- Growth Core products: 15 percent yearly
- High Quality and Customer Satisfaction: Quality index 99 percent. Implement OTIF
- Decrease Lost Time Accidents: Decrease to 0 LTA's per million hours worked until 2021 (2016: 1,7)
- Increase diversity:
- Increase share of women in leading positions from 30 percent (2016) to 35 percent (2021)
- Increase share of women in production from 3 percent (2016) to 10 percent (2021)
- Increase share of employees under the age of 35 from 24 percent (2016) to 33 percent (2021)
- LKAB's Code of Conduct: Shall be implemented
- A sustainable value chain: We have Code of Conducts, monitor and reduce risks for and in cooperation with our full Value Chain, from suppliers to customers.
- Decrease deposit of waste from production: Decrease with 80 percent to 2021 vs 2015.
- Increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE): 5% improvement per annum on individual plant OEE
- Decrease resource use in production: 6% per annum reduction in processing cost of conversion
- Decrease carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions: For dry bulk shipping with 20 percent weighted average per ton-distance to 2021 vs 2015