At LKAB, we recover, reclaim and recycle mineral by-products from industry for the benefit of our customers and the environment.
We are looking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the vacant post of Shift Process Technician at its Scunthorpe operation where we manufacture Ground Granulated Blastfurnace slag, a cement replacement in ready-mixed and pre-cast concrete
Key Role & Responsibility
- To ensure the plant is run safely and stable ensuring continuity of the process and equipment, while using best practices for energy efficiencies.
- Operate and adjust the process to give the specified product quality level and quantity in accordance with the Quality System Requirements.
- Carry out all in-process testing and at the frequency specified.
- Ensure that all tasks associated with the company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality systems are carried out.
- Carry out both preventative and breakdown maintenance of all fixed plant.
- Accurately report, record and communicate all information relevant to the activities carried out during your shift.
- To fully deputise for the Shift Team Leader.
- To ensure that the Plant and control room cleanliness is kept to the required standard.
- Any other duties relevant to the task.
- The successful applicant will have completed a recognised electrical apprenticeship and have at least three years of industrial plant and process experience. Knowledge of PLC’s, control and instrumentation, and HV switchgear is also required.
- Accomplished computer operator with a good level of numeracy & literacy.
- Understanding of Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision.
- Qualified first aider (desirable).
- Telehandler licence (desirable).
The successful applicant will be expected to be flexible and adaptable to all workplace scenarios, while being supportive towards team members.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for this application is 30th June 2019