LKAB Minerals UK & Ireland is looking to recruit a Technical Manager for our Gurney Slade and Wicken sites, to be based at Gurney Slade, Somerset.
We are an international industrial minerals group with a leading position in a number of product applications. We develop mineral solutions in partnership with our customers, supplying natural minerals engineered for functionality and usability.
LKAB Minerals Ltd sources, processes and supplies industrial minerals to a broad range of industries in the UK and abroad.
Responsible for all Technical & Quality issues relating to the Gurney Slade, Wicken and National filler business. At all times, conform to the professional standard of conduct as expected by LKAB Minerals and LKAB. Responsible for the day to day activities of the Technical Departments to ensure technical adherence to the company targets and objectives and the adherence to specification of products and paperwork.
Responsibilities and key work tasks
- Be responsible for the technical department on site
- Be responsible for conducting all the activities to set quality control standards
- To monitor and report on the quality system procedures
- To produce statistical data on performance against the set quality standards
- Define the specification for external suppliers and set up procedures and controls for all incoming raw materials
- Prepare all specification sheets and explanatory documentation relevant to individual customers
- Agree all specifications and data and liaise with customers
- Ensure the quality control procedures are followed for the company National filler business
- Be main point of contact with incoming customers on enquires/complaints for the site
- Ensure the department operates in accordance with the company policies, procedures and food safety systems
- Work and develop strong relationships with all departments across the group
- Ensure the smooth running of all day to day operations of the laboratory and weighbridge functions
- Manage and assist the introduction of new improvements to the systems in conjunction with the Works Manager
Required Experience and qualifications
- Relevant Technical/Quality Control Management experience preferable
- Experience in laboratory management and testing
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 & Food Safety standards (including HACCP) preferable
How to apply?
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Mr Andrew Hatton, Head of Technical (UK), LKAB Minerals Ltd, Raynesway, Derby, DE21 7BE. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date, Monday 16th September 2019.