On Tuesday 26th September, LKAB Minerals will hold its first webinar alongside the Crossrail C610 Floating Track Slab (FTS) project partners.
The webinar entitled ‘Minimising noise and vibration on Crossrail with innovative heavyweight concrete‘ is a free to join event. It is hosted by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). The webinar will run from 12:30 – 13:30 GMT.
We will provide a thorough technical insight into the section of the C610 project, where high density concrete was used to overcome challenges with sound and vibration.
At the webinar, delegates will hear from the following speakers:
- Camilla Barrow – Bechtel Ltd Rail Systems Deputy Project Manager – Crossrail
- Chris Peaston – Associate, Infrastructure – Arup
- Coran O’sullivan – FTS Track Supply Package Manager – ATC
- Jack Sindhu – Technical Manager – London Concrete
- Andrew Turner – Area Manager – Camfaud Concrete Pumps
- Denise Roberts – Regional Business Manager – LKAB Minerals
About the project
Crossrail Ltd is delivering the Elizabeth line, an additional London Underground service which is due to open from 2018. The new railway will see 42km of tunnels adding additional capacity to the city network.
In sensitive sections of the tunnel network, noise and vibration impacts from the operating railway had to be minimised. The solution was a high density floating track slab (FTS), produced using MagnaDense concrete with a density of 3.6 t/m3.
Join the free webinar; sign up in just a few clicks.