Within the building and construction area the high aspect ratio platy particles provide an excellent balance of mechanical, thermal and dimensional properties.
Special properties of MicaFort are:
- chemical inertness
- hydrophilic nature
- barrier-forming ability due to parallel particle alignment in matrices
- high thermal stability (up to 1000°C)
- elastic but tough particles
- very low silica content for Phlogopite grades
- excellent brightness and whiteness for Muscovite grades
- high dielectric strength and electrical insulation properties
Sustainable Mica sourcing
To ensure integrity in your value chain, we can confirm that LKAB Minerals exclusively source MicaFort from global strategic partners and our exclusive access to high-quality material from Finland. By using our extensive mineral processing knowledge, we produce a broad portfolio of Phlogopite and Muscovite Mica products to be used in a variety of applications.
The main markets for MicaFort are polymers, coatings, and construction.