LKAB Minerals processes MicaFort mined at our own high quality deposit and also sourced from strategic partners offering high quality raw material. With our extensive processing knowledge LKAB Minerals is able to produce a wide product portfolio of MicaFort to suit a variety of applications.
Within the building and construction area the high aspect ratio platy particles provide an excellent balance of mechanical, thermal and dimensional properties.
Special properties of MicaFort are:
- chemical inertness
- hydrophilic nature
- barrier-forming ability due to parallel particle alignment in matrices
- high thermal stability (up to 1000°C)
- elastic but tough particles
- very low silica content for Phlogopite grades
- excellent brightness and whiteness for Muscovite grades
- high dielectric strength and electrical insulation properties