Using Gypsol anhydrite binder creates a pumpable, self-smoothing floor screed. Moreover, this screed is an economically advantageous and a sustainable alternative to the labour-intensive and traditional sand cement screeds.
LKAB Minerals’ Gypsol Diamond is a unique flooring solution, offering the beauty and durability of a polished concrete style floor.
National Commercial Manager Gypsol - UK & IrelandContact me
- Product uses
- Product information
Polished floor finish with Gypsol Diamond
Gypsol Diamond has been designed for use with floor polishing systems flooring systems, offering the performance and functionality of a high quality Gypsol product, whilst offering the beauty and durability of a polished concrete style floor.
Gypsol Diamond can be used in any project including:
- With underfloor heating
- In commercial & medical builds
- In domestic builds and renovations
- In flats and apartments
Quick and easy to install
Once the screed is installed by a trained installer, the screed is then sanded and polished dependent on the aesthetic requirements of the project, by a suitably trained contractor. The polishing contractor should ensure that suitable sealers and hardeners are used where appropriate.
Because Gypsol Diamond doesn’t require any subsequent floor coverings, the time from installation to finished floor may be significantly reduced compared to more traditional flooring systems.
A screed for any project
The Gypsol range of screeds is available in a choice of options for any project, from small scale renovations to large commercial projects. Read more using the links below.
- Rapide; A self-compacting, self-smoothing, fast-drying floor screed
- Classic; Our general-purpose screeding system. The most commonly used material in our range.
- HTC; Gypsol HTC (High Thermal Conductivity) for use with underfloor heating and cooling systems.
- TS-15; An ultra-thin screed for bonded and un-bonded applications at a minimum depth of 15mm.
- TS-20; A thin screed suitable for bonded and un-bonded applications down to a 20mm minimum depth.
- XS; Extra strength material for use in heavy-duty applications, where loading is likely to be higher than normal.
- TimBRE; Specially formulated and tested for use in timber frame and over timber supported floors including acoustic conditions.
- Sureflo; Pre-blended product supplied in 25kg bags for mixing on site. Ideal where minimal quantities are required, or access for ready-mix lorries is not possible.
- Summit; Particularly fit for screeds pumped over very long distances or high buildings of 10 stories and above.
- Modular; Designed for use in modular construction to allow early movement of units, also for a lightweight steel frame and Lewis Decking.
- Rustique; a unique fast track floor, providing a rustic or architectural finish.
- Diamond; a unique and innovative “micro concrete” providing a polished floor.
Gypsol Diamond product details
We manufacture Gypsol Rustique to exacting standards in quality-assured Readymix facilities throughout the UK. On top of that, it is also available in specific locations from volumetric on-site mixing systems. We make our screed from high-quality Gypsol anhydrite binder, specially selected sands and clean water. Therefore, it offers the user a simple and effective floor screeding solution for floating, unbonded or fully bonded applications where you use a subsequent floor covering.
Gypsol Diamond benefits
Using Gypsol Diamond provides many benefits to your screed floor, such as:
- Rapid application
- Assured high strength
- Minimum Ca-C30 – F5
- Low shrinkage
- Reduced risk of plastic cracking
- Thin Screed sections
- 35mm Floating domestic
- 40mm floating commercial
- 30mm unbonded
- 25mm bonded
- 25mm cover to underfloor heating pipes
- Fast drying
- 28 days natural drying*
- 13 days forced drying*
- Can be used with Rapide Additive to offer 14 days drying
*Independently tested and based on 50mm depth at 20˚C and 60% RH. Upon request, we have the full test data available for you.
- Rapid commissioning of underfloor heating
- Underfloor heating can be commissioned and run after just seven days
- No reinforcement nor fibres required
- No curing agents required
- Low Carbon Footprint
- Just 26.26kg per tonne of material manufactured saving up to 94% CO2 compared to a cement-based screed.
- Fully self-compacting and high density
- Offers 80kg/m2 density at just 40mm
- Rapid return to service of work areas
- Foot traffic after just 48 hours
- Full loading after only seven days
Packaging Gypsol Diamond
Our Gypsol Diamond screed is available from all readymix and volumetric screed producers who stock Gypsol Binder.
Gypsol Diamond - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimal Gypsol Diamond screed thickness my floor needs?+
Technically Gypsol Rustique screed can be used either with or without insulation to the following minimum depths
- 40mm Floating Commercial
- 35mm Floating Domestic
- 30mm Unbonded
- 25mm Bonded
- 25mm cover to underfloor heating pipes
However, these depths may require adjustment based on the type of sub-base you have. For more information for your specific project, call our technical and specifications team.