Special properties for our MicaFort range products are:
- chemical inertness
- hydrophilic nature
- barrier-forming ability due to parallel particle alignment in matrices
- high thermal stability (up to 1000°C)
- elastic but tough particles
- very low silica content for Phlogopite grades
- excellent brightness and whiteness for Muscovite grades
- high dielectric strength and electrical insulation properties.
LKAB Minerals exclusively source MicaFort from global strategic partners and our own high-quality mine in Finland. By using our extensive mineral processing knowledge we produce a broad portfolio of Phlogopite and Muscovite Mica products to be used in a variety of applications.
The main markets for MicaFort are polymers, coatings, and construction. Please visit our industry uses section to find out more about how to use our products for your application.