Join the CPD approved webinar on the 29th July to learn more about Magnetite in Thermal Storage applications.
The natural mineral Magnetite is not only heavy but also offers a range of thermal properties, including excellent heat capacity, thermal conductivity and an ability to disperse heat much more slowly. For this reason, magnetite is an excellent mineral for thermal storage applications.
Thermal energy storage (TES) has gained increasing attention in recent years, in particular for renewable energy due to its potential for increasing efficiency, especially in concentrated solar power (CSP) plants.
This webinar will focus on the properties of Magnetite from LKAB Minerals, before specifying some of the recent projects where it was used, including the harvesting of solar heat.
You can watch this and any of our other webinars any time via the on-demand recordings. Use the links below to access the webinars you are interested in:
- Heat Storage webinar
- High density ballast for concrete and bridge construction
- Gypsol Anhydrite Screed: a sustainable flooring solution
- Ground stabilisation with high density concrete
- High density concrete for Radiation Shielding
- Gypsol Anhydrite Screed: placing floor coverings
- Efficient use of GGBS in concrete
- Properties and installation of high density concrete
- Sustainability in LKAB