MicaFort can be used in seed coatings due to its low moisture content, which helps not only with the prevention of seed rot or early germination but also feeds the seedlings upon germination due to the potassium content.
It will also help in the production of a coating with good flowability during planting of the seeds. Phlogopite grades have a very distinguishable bronze colouration which is a very distinguishable colour. Muscovite grades have an excellent sheen and will accept pigmentation/colouration very well.
Benefits of MicaFort in seed coating use
LKAB Minerals MicaFort, when used in a seed coating will:
- Improve barrier protection to prevent rot
- Prevent early germination
- Provide nutrient to seedlings upon germination
- Improve the slip to improve distribution by increasing flowability during seed planting
- Provide excellent sheen
- Aid colour identification e.g. for pesticides
- Increase the seed weight
- Release less dust than graphite, the mineral typically used in this application
MicaFort provides these benefits because it has:
- A very low moisture content
- Excellent bronze colouration
MicaFort for Seed Coatings Grades
|MicaFort Mineral||Product Type|
|Muscovite||Dry Ground, Wet Ground and Calcined|
Case studies are available for projects we have worked on that explain the specific challenge of MicaFort for seed coating. LKAB Minerals work with a dedicated agronomist who can help you with any technical questions you may have.