Our marble powders are some of the purest and brightest on the market.
Not only are our marble powders some of the purest and brightest on the market, but all products in the Fordacal range are also made using 100% recycled material, meeting ISO 14021.
Portfolio of calcium carbonate fillers
The Fordacal range is available in six particle sizes ranging from 8 to 150 microns:
|Product grade||50% Passing Microns||99% Passing Microns|
Stock and logistics
All products are available to collect from our Somerset mill in:
- bulk loads
- 1,000 kg big bags
- 25 kg sacks
We transport the raw material to our mill at Gurney Slade in Somerset, one of the largest of its type in Europe. Here we mill large quantities to very fine tolerances using state-of-the-art air classification systems. The site has over 6,000 tonnes of raw material storage plus 1,000 tonnes of finished product storage in 10 bulk silos.
You can use our mineral extenders as a commercially interesting alternative to polymer in several thermoplastic resins. The calcium carbonate content offers a range of benefits:
- helping to decrease surface energy
- improving opacity
- reduce energy
- improving surface gloss
- increase output
- improving thermal conductivity
Applications for marble offcuts
Our portfolio of very white marble powders provides functional fillers for use in compound formulations where purity and brightness are essential, including:
- Sealants and adhesives
- Pharmaceutical products
- Drilling muds
Not only are our marble chips some of the purest and brightest in the market, but an audit also confirmed that all products in the Fordacal range are made using 100% recycled material, meeting ISO14021.
Independent auditing concluded that:
- Our product range is made using 100% recycled materials that would otherwise go unused and be wasted
- No virgin marble is ever quarried to help produce our marble powder range
- We source all marble in the range of the Carrara region of Northern Italy
- Every week we produce large volumes of marble offcuts as part of this cutting process
- Offcuts are taken to a processing site in Italy, where they are:
- At all times, we monitor and check the marble to prevent any contamination
- At our Gurney Slade site, we milled the marble chips in our specialist facilities
The marble off-cuts are non-toxic natural minerals. For further information, please download the Safety Data Sheets from the documentation tab.
|Specific Gravity||Hardness Mohs Scale||Moisture||Brightness (CIE)|
|2.72 kg/L||3||0.3% Max.||90 Min|