Improve the efficiency of your farm by optimising the nutrient availability of the soil. Use our range of granulated Calcium based fertiliser products including Calcium lime, Magnesium lime and Calcium Sulphate.
Quickly control soil pH with our highly reactive granulated lime. You can spread this fertiliser all year round.
Sales Manager Calcifert, Andricite, Flowdol, Fordacal, Limestone fillerContact me
- Product uses
- Product information
Calcifert granulated lime is proven to neutralise soil acidity
You can apply Calcifert granulated lime fertiliser year-round using conventional farm equipment. It is also a cost-effective way to rapidly control soil pH with our highly reactive product.
Monitoring the pH of your soil is key to improving crop performance, as low soil pH will reduce crop growth and ultimately yield. Calcifert is proven to quickly raise and sustain soil pH at a range of soil depths, as our trial carried out at Tiln Farm in Nottinghamshire shows. You can ask for a free Case Study of this Tiln Farm trial with our sales manager.
Calcifert Lime product details
- is made from fine limestone flour combined with a water-soluble organic binder
- consists of hard granules of between 2 and 5mm in diameter
- produced in the UK from 100% British limestone, mined in the Peak District
- suitable for use on all farms:
- including organic systems
- horticultural use
- ideal for all crops including:
- fruit & vegetables
- oilseed rape
Calcifert Lime fertiliser benefits
Calcifert has many significant benefits over conventional lime. The biggest benefit to farmers is that Calcifert doesn’t need to be applied by specialist contractors – you can apply it, using traditional farm fertiliser spreading equipment.
Other Calcifert Lime benefits include:
- Limestone granules of a regular size and shape
- Even spread and rapid uptake
- Spread at any time of the year
- Blend or spread with other fertilisers
- Can be applied on bare ground or to growing crops
- A cost-effective option thanks to lower application rates than regular lime
- Approved for organic farming
- Can be used to spot treat ground – making it economical for treating small areas
- Can be applied in bout widths up to 36 metres
- Safe to use: non-toxic and non-hazardous
- Creating significantly less dust than conventional lime
- Agricultural Lime Association assured under the AQS (AgLime Quality Standard).
Packaging Calcifert Lime
Calcifert Lime is available in:
- Standard 600 kg bags
- 25 kg bags; can be purchased through our supplier, Rootwise. Minimum order of 500 kg applies.
How much do I apply?+
Calcifert Lime application rates are lower than conventional lime making it a cost-effective alternative. How much you apply will depend on your soil type, acid levels and crop. Please contact us for more guidance on specific rates or view our application rates chart.
When is the best time to apply Calcifert Lime?+
Calcifert Lime can be applied all year round. Applying Calcifert Lime before wet weather will increase the speed at which is reacts with the soil.
How soon after spreading can I put animals back to graze?+
Animals can be put back to graze on treated land immediately. Calcifert Lime is not harmful to animals.
How much will it cost?+
Calcifert Lime is sold through merchants and distributors across the UK and Ireland. Please contact your local stockist for more information on pricing.
How do I store Calcifert Lime?+
Calcifert Lime should be stored under cover in a dry place. For guidance on the secure storage of Calcifert Lime and other fertilisers, please click here.