Using Gypsol anhydrite binder creates a pumpable, self-smoothing floor screed. Moreover, this screed is an economically advantageous and a sustainable alternative to the labour-intensive and traditional sand cement screeds.
LKAB Minerals’ Gypsol Rustique is a fast track flooring solution for an rustic or architectural look.
National Commercial Manager Gypsol - UK & IrelandContact me
- Product uses
- Product information
Gypsol Rustique; a durable finished floor solution
Uniquely developed to provide a rustic finish, Gypsol Rustique provides a durable, stain resistant and aesthetic surface when combined with easy to apply, colourless sealers.
Gypsol Rustique can coloured using suitable pigments and may be used for any internal application including:
- With underfloor heating
- In commercial & medical builds
- In domestic builds and renovations
- In flats and apartments
Easy to install
Once the screed is installed by a trained installer, the screed is then sanded dependent on the aesthetic requirements of the project, before a suitable seal coat is applied. Gypsol Rustique screed offers a bespoke and variable surface finish expected form a rustic or industrial look floor.
Gypsol Rustique can be applied to most floors and is suitable for use with underfloor heating.
Construction projects that require a screed floor have different requirements. To supply the market with the best solution for each floor, we have developed a wide range of screed solutions. You can find more details on the individual product pages:
- Rapide; A self-compacting, self-smoothing, fast-drying floor screed
- Classic; Our general-purpose screeding system. The most commonly used material in our range.
- HTC; Gypsol HTC (High Thermal Conductivity) for use with underfloor heating and cooling systems.
- TS-15; An ultra-thin screed for bonded and un-bonded applications at a minimum depth of 15mm.
- TS-20; A thin screed suitable for bonded and un-bonded applications down to a 20mm minimum depth.
- XS; Extra strength material for use in heavy-duty applications, where loading is likely to be higher than normal.
- TimBRE; Specially formulated and tested for use in timber frame and over timber supported floors including acoustic conditions.
- Sureflo; Pre-blended product supplied in 25kg bags for mixing on site. Ideal where minimal quantities are required, or access for ready-mix lorries is not possible.
- Summit; Particularly fit for screeds pumped over very long distances or high buildings of 10 stories and above.
- Modular; Designed for use in modular construction to allow early movement of units, also for a lightweight steel frame and Lewis Decking.
- Rustique; a unique fast track floor, providing a rustic or architectural finish.
- Diamond; a unique and innovative “micro concrete” providing a polished floor.
Gypsol Rustique product details
LKAB Minerals manufactures Gypsol XS to exacting standards in quality-assured ready-mix facilities throughout the UK. We also have this product available in specific locations from volumetric on-site mixing systems. We make our screed from high-quality Gypsol anhydrite binder, specially selected sands and clean water. Therefore this offers our users a simple and effective floor screeding solution for all building types where they use a subsequent floor covering. Finally, you can use the material with or without underfloor heating, and it is suitable for use in acoustic designs.
Gypsol Rustique benefits
Using Gypsol Rustique screed in your next project can provide many benefits including:
- Rapid application
- Assured high strength
- Minimum Ca-C30 – F5
- Low shrinkage
- Reduced risk of plastic cracking
- Thin Screed sections
- 35mm Floating domestic
- 40mm floating commercial
- 30mm unbonded
- 25mm bonded
- 25mm cover to underfloor heating pipes
- Fast drying
- 28 days natural drying*
- 13 days forced drying*
- Can be used with Rapide Additive to offer 14 days drying
*Independently tested and based on 50mm depth at 20˚C and 60% RH. Upon request, we have the full test data available for you.
- Rapid commissioning of underfloor heating
- Underfloor heating can be commissioned and run after just seven days
- No reinforcement nor fibres required
- No curing agents required
- Low Carbon Footprint
- Just 26.26kg per tonne of material manufactured saving up to 94% CO2 compared to a cement-based screed.
- Fully self-compacting and high density
- Offers 80kg/m2 density at just 40mm
- Rapid return to service of work areas
- Foot traffic after just 48 hours
- Full loading after only seven days
Packaging Gypsol Rustique
Our Gypsol XS screed is available from all readymix and volumetric screed producers who stock Gypsol Binder.
Gypsol Rustique - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimal Gypsol Rustique screed thickness my floor needs?+
Technically Gypsol Rustique screed can be used either with or without insulation to the following minimum depths
- 40mm Floating Commercial
- 35mm Floating Domestic
- 30mm Unbonded
- 25mm Bonded
- 25mm cover to underfloor heating pipes
However, these depths may require adjustment based on the type of sub-base you have. For more information for your specific project, call our technical and specifications team.