Using Gypsol anhydrite binder creates a pumpable, self-smoothing floor screed. Moreover, this screed is an economically advantageous and a sustainable alternative to the labour-intensive and traditional sand cement screeds.
Our Gypsol TS-15 is a free-flowing and self-compacting screed. We formulate this especially to allow it to be laid at just 15mm deep.
Area Technical and Specification Manager GypsolContact me
- Product uses
- Product Information
Gypsol TS-15; a multi-purpose screeding solution
You can lay our Gypsol screed either bonded or unbonded over a polythene slip membrane in both commercial and domestic projects. In general, our customers use this particular screed to produce a smooth, flat and level floor. This floor will form the sub-base for subsequent floor coverings for internal floors in a large variety of building types.
Specially trained screeders use specialised equipment to pump the screed in place. Because our Gypsol TS-15 offers very high strength and high resistance to cracking offering, it is indeed, a very cost-effective method of levelling an existing floor slab. Like all Gypsol screeds, our TS-15 is a highly environmentally friendly alternative to cement-based screeds.
Wide range of Gypsol products
We understand that every project might require different screed. Hereto we have a variety of Gypsol formulation, each with its particular use.
You can read more information on the individual product pages.
- Rapide; A self-compacting, self-smoothing, fast-drying floor screed
- Classic; Our general-purpose screeding system. The most commonly used material in our range.
- HTC; Gypsol HTC (High Thermal Conductivity) for use with underfloor heating and cooling systems.
- TS-15; An ultra-thin screed for bonded and un-bonded applications at a minimum depth of 15mm.
- TS-20; A thin screed suitable for bonded and un-bonded applications down to a 20mm minimum depth.
- XS; Extra strength material for use in heavy-duty applications, where loading is likely to be higher than normal.
- TimBRE; Specially formulated and tested for use in timber frame and over timber supported floors including acoustic conditions.
- Sureflo; Pre-blended product supplied in 25kg bags for mixing on site. Ideal where minimal quantities are required, or access for ready-mix lorries is not possible.
- Summit; Particularly fit for screeds pumped over very long distances or high buildings of 10 stories and above.
- Modular; Designed for use in modular construction to allow early movement of units, also for a lightweight steel frame and Lewis Decking.
Gypsol TS-15 product details
Throughout the UK we manufacture Gypsol TS-15 to exacting standards in quality-assured ready-mix facilities. Additionally, we have the product also available in specific locations from volumetric on-site mixing systems. We make the product from high-quality Gypsol anhydrite binder, specially selected sands and clean water. Therefore it offers the user a simple and effective ultra-thin floor screeding solution. You can use this for unbonded or fully bonded applications where a subsequent floor covering is to be used.
Benefits using Gypsol Screed
Using Gypsol TS-15 will benefit your screed floor because of:
- Rapid application
- Vast coverage
- 63m2 per m3
- Thin Screed sections
- 15mm Unbonded
- 15mm Bonded
- Fast drying
- Drying rate more than 1mm per day*
*Independently tested and based on the fixed depth at 20˚C and 60% RH. Upon request, we have the full test data available
- No reinforcement nor fibres required
- No curing agents required
- Low Carbon Footprint
- Just 26.26kg per tonne of material manufactured saving up to 94% CO2 compared to a cement-based screed.
- Rapid return to service of work areas
- Foot traffic after just 48 hours
- Full loading after only seven days
- Assured high strength
- Minimum Ca-C35 – F6
- Reduced requirement for Movement Joints
- Max 20m length
- Max aspect ratio 6:1
LKAB Minerals Gypsol TS-15 screed is available from all Readymix and volumetric screed producers who stock Gypsol Binder.
Gypsol TS-15 - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimal Gypsol TS-15 screed thickness my floor needs?+
Gypsol TS-15 screed can be used to the following minimum depths
- 15mm Unbonded
- 15mm Bonded
How soon can I lay my floor coverings on top of Gypsol TS-15 screed?+
This Gypsol screed dries naturally in around 15 days in right drying conditions based on 15mm depth. The screed dries by evaporation of residual moisture into the air above it. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure you dry in well-ventilated conditions to remove the moisture as it evaporates. Also, it is essential to ensure carrying out an appropriate moisture test to confirm the screed is suitably dried before you apply floor coverings.