Using Gypsol anhydrite binder creates a pumpable, self-smoothing floor screed. Moreover, this screed is an economically advantageous and a sustainable alternative to the labour-intensive and traditional sand cement screeds.
You can lay our Gypsol TS-20 at just 20mm deep. This screed is a free-flowing and self-compacting screed.
Head OfficeContact me
- Product uses
- Product information
Gypsol TS-20; a multi-purpose thin screeding solution
Because of its particular formulation, you can lay our TS-15 screed either bonded or unbonded over a polythene slip membrane. You can use the product in both commercial and domestic construction projects.
Our customers use this screed to produce a smooth, flat and level floor to form the sub-base for subsequent floor coverings for internal floors. Constructions where you typically find these screeds are:
- apartment schemes
Our customers are specially trained screeders that use specialised equipment to place the screed. Using our Gypsol TS-20 offers you a very cost-effective method of levelling an existing floor slab. Notably, because the product has very high strength and high resistance to cracking. As all other Gypsol screeds TS-20 is a highly environmentally friendly alternative to cement-based screeds. You can, therefore, use this as a heat transfer medium for thin section underfloor heating systems, whether electric or warm water.
Extensive Gypsol range
Every project might require a different type of screed. We have, therefore developed a full range of screeds that will suit every situation.
You can read more in detail on the particular product pages about these products.
- Rapide; A self-compacting, self-smoothing, fast-drying floor screed
- Classic; Our general-purpose screeding system. The most commonly used material in our range.
- HTC; Gypsol HTC (High Thermal Conductivity) for use with underfloor heating and cooling systems.
- TS-15; An ultra-thin screed for bonded and un-bonded applications at a minimum depth of 15mm.
- XS; Extra strength material for use in heavy-duty applications, where loading is likely to be higher than normal.
- TimBRE; Specially formulated and tested for use in timber frame and over timber supported floors including acoustic conditions.
- Sureflo; Pre-blended product supplied in 25kg bags for mixing on site. Ideal where minimal quantities are required, or access for ready-mix lorries is not possible.
- Summit; Particularly fit for screeds pumped over very long distances or high buildings of 10 stories and above.
- Modular; Designed for use in modular construction to allow early movement of units, also for a lightweight steel frame and Lewis Decking.
Gypsol TS-20 product details
Our company manufactures Gypsol TS-20 to exacting standards in quality-assured Readymix facilities throughout the UK. Also, we have the product available in specific locations from volumetric on-site mixing systems. Because we make the screed from high-quality Gypsol anhydrite binder, specially selected sands and clean water, it offers the user a simple and effective ultra-thin floor screeding solution. You can use this solution for both unbonded or fully bonded applications where you want to use a subsequent floor covering.
Benefits using TS-20
Using Gypsol TS-20 will benefit your screed floor because of:
- Rapid application
- Vast coverage
- 50m2 per m3
- Thin Screed sections
- 20mm Unbonded
- 20mm Bonded
- Fast drying
- Drying rate more than 1mm per day*
*Independently tested and based on fixed depth at 20˚C and 60% RH. In case you require this, we have full test data available
- No reinforcement nor fibres required
- No curing agents required
- Low Carbon Footprint
- Just 26.26kg per tonne of material manufactured saving up to 94% CO2 compared to cement-based screed.
- Rapid return to service of work areas
- Foot traffic after just 48 hours
- Full loading after only seven days
- Assured high strength
- Minimum Ca-C30– F5
- Reduced requirement for Movement Joints
- Max 20m length
- Max aspect ratio 6:1
Packaging Gypsol TS-20
LKAB Minerals Gypsol TS-20 screed is available from all Readymix and volumetric screed producers who stock Gypsol Binder.
Gypsol TS-20 - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimal Gypsol TS-20 screed thickness my floor needs?+
Gypsol TS-20 screed can be used to the following minimum depths
- 20mm Unbonded
- 20mm Bonded
How soon can I lay my floor coverings on the TS-20 screed?+
Our Gypsol TS-20 screed dries naturally in around 20 days in right drying conditions based on 20mm depth. This screed dries by evaporation of residual moisture into the air above it. It is therefore important to ensure you dry in well-ventilated conditions to remove the moisture as it evaporates. On top of this, you should provide an appropriate moisture test to confirm the screed is suitably dried before applying floor coverings.