MagniF standard grades
MagniF has three standard grades:
- MagniF 10
- MagniF 25
- MagniF 50
MagniF 10 and 25 are available as food approved grades for the use in applications with food contact:
- MagniF 10F
- MagniF 25F
Our MagniF product range is available in paper sacks or big bags. Due to the product’s conditions, no bulk solution is available.
Benefits of MagniF
When you add MagniF in polymers and coatings, it provides the following properties:
- Noise and vibration damping
- Increased density – high-quality appearance
- Ferri-magnetic attraction by magnets
- Metal detectability of polymers
- Absorption of microwave energy and converting it to heat
Applications using MagniF
The benefits, as mentioned above, of MagniF, have a decisive part in the manufacture of a wide range of products. Our customers use MagniF for:
- High density polymer compounds for the automotive , appliances and packaging industry
- Ferri-Magnetic coatings
- Detectable polymer compounds
- Brake pads to control friction and heat
Providing technical and economical solutions
MagniF is the only technical or the most economical solution in, for example:
- Metal detectability of meat protection bags and inliners for butchery boxes, that allows for detecting contaminations in packed grained meat
- 3D-printed parts to provide a metallic touch
- Metal detectability of moulded plastics
Dry, pure, fine-milled magnetite
MagniF is a pure and fine powder milled from the natural mineral Magnetite mined and processed at our group resources in the north of Sweden. This relation ensures a long-term, reliable source of consistent quality material.
You will find that our MagniF from the natural iron oxide Magnetite is ferri-magnetic, greyish-black in colour, and thermally and electrically conductive.
The typical properties of MagniF are:
Physical properties of MagniF
|Solid density [g/cm3]||5.2|
|Bulk density [g/cm3]||1.9|
|Moisture content [%]||<0.3|
Chemical properties of MagniF
|Fe3O4 [%]||97 – 99|
MagniF mineral origin
LKAB Minerals‘ Magnetite is mined from our own group resources. The LKAB mines are located in Kiruna and Malmberget in the northern part of Sweden. The iron ore is mined and milled at the mine site and railed to one of two ports – Luleå in Sweden or Narvik in Norway. The ports are part of the LKAB Group logistics structure. LKAB Minerals supply from these ports and strategic stocks at various locations worldwide.
Magnetite is inert, will not rust and does not degrade with time or usage. It is ferri-magnetic and, for that reason, will be attracted by a magnet. This natural mineral can be recovered, recycled and reused repeatedly.